Miso is a type of Japanese food product. It has a thick texture, a salty-sweet taste, and is light yellow to dark brown. *It is obtained by fermenting soybeans, rice or barley with koji (Koji), a type of fungus. It takes about 1-3 years to ferment.
There are many different types of miso. It depends on the type of soybean, rice or barley used for fermentation. and duration of fermentation The types of miso that are commonly found in Thailand include:
- Kome miso : made from fermented rice and koji. It has a light yellow appearance. The flavor is not very intense.
- Mugi miso : Made from fermented barley and koji. It looks light brown. The flavor is stronger than kome miso.
- Mame miso : Made from fermented soybeans and koji. It looks dark brown. The most intense flavor
-Miso is commonly used in many Japanese dishes, such as miso soup, miso tofu, takoyaki, and miso udon. Miso is also popularly eaten as a snack. or used as an ingredient in various dipping sauces
*Miso is rich in many nutrients such as protein, carbohydrates, dietary fiber, vitamin B12, and antioxidants. Therefore, it is beneficial to health in many ways as follows:
- Helps the digestive system Miso contains probiotics, which are good microorganisms that help balance the microorganisms in the intestines. Helps the digestive system work more efficiently. Prevents constipation, diarrhea and reduces the risk of chronic inflammatory bowel disease.
- Strengthen immunity Miso contains various antioxidants that help protect cells in the body from free radical damage. Strengthen the immune system Helps reduce the risk of various infectious diseases.
- Reduce the risk of cancer Miso contains various antioxidants that help prevent cells from mutating into cancer cells. Helps reduce the risk of certain cancers, such as stomach cancer. Colon cancer, breast cancer, and lung cancer
- Reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. Miso contains many nutrients that help nourish the heart and blood vessels, such as sodium, potassium, magnesium, ทางเข้า ufabet https://ufabet999.com and vitamin B12, helping to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as high blood pressure. Coronary artery disease and stroke
- Helps slow down cell degeneration Miso contains various antioxidants that protect cells from free radical damage. Slow down cell degeneration and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
However, miso is quite high in sodium. Therefore, you should eat the right amount. You shouldn’t eat too much. Especially those who have problems with high blood pressure.